Sweet Potato Fries – Oven BakedOctober 15, 2010
Sweet potatoes are not just potassium rich foods, though they contain a whopping 694mg in each potato. They also carry plenty of beta-carotene and vitamin A, and are low in calories.
There are so many ways to make sweet potatoes, as a dessert or as a side dish. Many include additional sweeteners, even though the sweet potatoes themselves are plenty sweet. For a
change, I present something that no American can resist…sweet potato fries. You won’t see these at McDonald’s any time soon, but they are easy to make at home.
Sweet Potato Fries – Baked
As many sweet potatoes as your family can eat
Really, that’s it. Though you are free to dress up the final dish with some chopped fresh coriander (celantro), or to even add sugar before cooking.
1. Wash the potatoes well. Peel them if you want, but they are more nutritious with the skin.
2. Cut up the potatoes to a large french fry thickness.
3. Put the cut sweet potatoes in a bowl or strong plastic bag. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Add some olive oil over the top, and toss well… until all of the potatoes are coated with oil.
5. Spread the sweet potatoes out on a flat steel sheet for baking.
6. Bake at 250 C or 450 F for about 20 minutes. But watch them closely, as the time will vary.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes